FutureBit Apollo BTC – A Bitcoin ASIC Miner and Full Node
FutureBit Apollo BTC is an upcoming SHA256 ASIC miner designed for home users that is capable of not only mining, but also running a Full Bitcoin node. The device comes in the form of a compact and silent desktop class computer machine and is intended for home use and not for use in large crypto mining farms. It is based on the same idea of the FutureBit Apollo LTC Pod Scrypt ASIC Miner and Full Litecoin Node, but further improving things and not just only focusing on Bitcoin here.
FutureBit announced it is going to be taking Pre-Orders for the Apollo BTC starting this Friday 2/5/21 at 6PM EST (GMT-5) on their official website with shipping expected to begin at the end of April. The Batch 1 price starts at $349.99 USD, but the full package with the 500GB M.2 SSD and 200W dedicated PSU will cost you $599.99 USD and this is what you should probably get as it is the complete package that is ready to run.
The FutureBit Apollo BTC device consists of six CPU cores, 44 ASIC cores, 500GB NVMe-based SSD drive, quiet cooler, and with less than 200 Watts of power usage. At the heart of the new Apollo BTC device is a revamped SBC (Single Board Computer), that is as powerful as any consumer grade desktop system according to the developers and can run almost any Bitcoin Application natively on the device 24/7. All you have to do is to take it out of the box, plug it in, power it on, and you are already running a full Bitcoin node without needing to do anything more.
You can install a wallet of your choice, use any hardware wallet, run BTCPayServer, run a block explorer, run a Lightning Node and so much more. All of this is possible with the help of a six core ARM based CPU with 4GB of RAM, and a 500GB NVMe SSD drive that can easily store a FULL non pruned Bitcoin Node. The Apollo BTC device should be able to synchronize a Full Node in less than 48 hours, which is a record for a device of its class and almost an order of magnitude faster than any Raspberry Pi 4 based Bitcoin Full Node.
The FutureBit Apollo BTC mining hashrate and power usage is varying based on the settings you run it at, it should be capable of delivering between 2 and 3.8 TH/s of SHA256 performance per miner with 125 Watts of power usage in ECO mode, and 200 Watts in TURBO mode respectively. The best thing of all is that the device should be pretty silent, regardless of the modes it is running in, so that it can be friendly for home use as this is where its intended use is.
FutureBit Apollo BTC Features:
– Compact All-In-One Desktop Bitcoin System (4x6x4in) that mines Bitcoin and any SHA256 based crypto (Bitcoin Cash etc).
– Powerful 6 ARM Core CPU with 4GB of LPDDR4 RAM and 500GB NVMe SSD (NOT included in the Standard or Standard + package).
– Comes Pre-Installed with a Bitcoin node, and you can install almost any Bitcoin Application
– Very wide range of operation modes with preset ECO (quiet) mode, BALANCED, and TURBO mode.
– 2-3.8 TH/s of SHA256 performance per miner (+/- 5%)
– 125 Watts in ECO mode, and 200 Watts in TURBO * +/- 10%
– Can be used as a full Desktop computer with a monitor keyboard and mouse (not included), or through our Web UI
– Connect almost any peripheral with our USB 3.0 ports, USB C port, HDMI, AC Wifi, and Bluetooth
– Clocks and Power is fully customizable by user with easy-to-use interface
– Hashboard now monitors both voltage and power draw for accurate measurements*
– Custom designed cold forged hexagonal pin heatsink with leading thermal performance for the quietest ASIC miner in operation!
– 1k-5k RPM Quiet Dual Ball Bearing Fan with automatic thermal management with onboard temperature sensor
– Controlled via local connection on a web browser similar to Antminers. You can simply set it up via smartphone browser. No crazy driver installs, hard to use miner software or scripts needed.
– Two Six Pin PCIE power connectors for wide-range of power draw
– Custom Designed all Aluminum case
– Ships with a custom built 200W 94% efficient PSU and is ready to run out of the box! (Does NOT come with Standard package).
Older Post >>>